Sharpened at the factory, this five piece chisel set is hand-forged from a combination of soft iron and Shirogami steels. The cutting blade is tempered to HRC63 hardness to ensure a long lived edge. Handle is made of Japanese red oak, well balanced. *Important Notice* Do not use grinding machine to sharpen this chisel, grinding machine may chip the cutting edge. Please use waterstone to sharpen the chisel.
Marukatsu Authentic Japanese Chisel Set (5 Piece)
- Blade Width: 9mm (3/8”), 15mm (5/8”), 24mm (1”), 30mm (1 1/4"), 36mm (1 1/2")
- Shirogami (Japanese White Steel), HRC63 hardness
- Single hollow ground back, less contact area with workpiece
- Akagashi (Japanese Red Oak) handle with heavy duty steel ring, well balanced
- Sharpened at factory, imported from Japan